Kris,

On 7/21/2014 3:43 PM, Dames, Kristopher J wrote:
> Can anyone point me to an example of conditional logging in Tomcat
> 6? Here is what I have tried to no avail. I want requests that
> match /*/iaahb to not be logged.
>
> In my server.xml:
>
> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
> condition="DoNotLog" directory="logs" fileDateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd"
> pattern="%{X-Forwarded-For}i %h %l %u %t &quot;%r&quot; %s %b
> &quot;%{Referer}i&quot; &quot;%{User-Agent}i&quot;"
> prefix="access_log"/>
>
> in my web.xml:
>
> <!-- Custom filter to prevent logging health check requests -->
> <filter> <filter-name>Set Do Not Log Attribute</filter-name>
> <filter-class>SetDoNotLogFilter</filter-class> <init-param>
> <param-name>DoNotLog</param-name> <param-value>true</param-value>
> </init-param> </filter> <filter-mapping> <filter-name>Set Do Not
> Log Attribute</filter-name> <url-pattern>/*/iaahb</url-pattern>
> </filter-mapping>
>

> -- Kris Dames
>

> This electronic mail and any attached documents are intended solely
> for the named addressee(s) and contain confidential information. If
> you are not an addressee, or responsible for delivering this email
> to an addressee, you have received this email in error and are
> notified that reading, copying, or disclosing this email is
> prohibited. If you received this email in error, immediately reply
> to the sender and delete the message completely from your computer
> system.

I have not explored this, so these comments are based on the
documentation.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/valve.html#Access_Log_Valve

     Turns on conditional logging. If set, requests will be logged only
     if ServletRequest.getAttribute() is null. For example, if this
     value is set to junk, then a particular request will only be
     logged if ServletRequest.getAttribute("junk") == null. The use of
     Filters is an easy way to set/unset the attribute in the
     ServletRequest on many different requests.

So . . .

1. multiple URL patterns to add an attribute - exclude /*/iaahb
2. rewrite the filter to:
   a. examine the URI
   b. add the attribute if it does not include /*/iaahb
   c. set the URL pattern to /*
3. Use tuckey.org's URL rewrite filter (http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/)
   a. use a negative regular expression match
   b. set the attribute value for all URI patterns except /*/iaahb

. . . just my two cents
/mde/

. . . just my two cents
/mde/