31.07.2014 6:19, Christopher Schultz пишет:

Arseny,

On 7/30/14, 4:13 PM, Arseny wrote:
30.07.2014 16:19, Ron Holckener пишет:
This behavior exists using the regular shutdown.sh script? Is the
timeout (10s) configurable?

Thanks, Ron Holckener

./$CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh stop 30

(30 sec. wait)

Don't remember same option inside shutdown.sh, but anyway - it
call catalina.sh with stop option.
catalina.sh stop 30 will only wait 30 seconds to check to see if the
process stopped: it will not force a shutdown.

Hi, Chris.

As question was "Is the timeout (10s) configurable" - so I just give tip about it.

> In my experience, "kill -9" is fairly effective.

But -force use same:

  if [ $FORCE -eq 1 ]; then
    if [ -z "$CATALINA_PID" ]; then
      echo "Kill failed: \$CATALINA_PID not set"
    else
      if [ -f "$CATALINA_PID" ]; then
        PID=`cat "$CATALINA_PID"`
        echo "Killing Tomcat with the PID: $PID"
        kill -9 $PID