Aryeh Friedman wrote:
I want to make it so every page that does not have a actual .jsp file gets
sent back index.jsp.  I am doing it with <error-page> but that also sends a
404 I want zero clue they landed on a non-existent page

There are certainly ways to achieve what you describe above.
But I think that you should really question the basic logic of doing so.
The 404 response is there for a reason : to stop clients from repeating requests for something that does not exist. If you hide that condition to the client, and return what appears to be a real content, then how can a client ever determine that what he requests does not exist, and react intelligently ? What is there to stop this client looping forever, and swamping your server with useless requests ?

Imagine that the file system of your server would do the same : if some program tries to open a file which does not exist, the OS does not return an error, but opens some other file instead. Doesn't make sense, does it ?