I am developing a COMET application that is primarily based on the example
given on the documentation of the chat server. My problem is that when two
users connect, the connection held open by the comet servlet is closed. I
know this because I am getting END events in my log.
The confusing part is, it will randomly fail, and when it does, subtype is
null. When I  say randomly fail, I mean get the END event when you are not
supposed to. Does subtype being null point to anything? This is so
frustrating because it fails randomly. I am on Tomcat7 on linux. I can
provide more info if its needed