Hi,

I was excited to find out that Tomcat 8 has included initiall support for
SPDY protocol, so I decided to experiment with it, so

   - I've installed the APR into the lib modules
   - Configured the SpdyAprNpnHandler

    <Connector port="9443"
               npnHandler="org.apache.coyote.spdy.SpdyAprNpnHandler"
               protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               SSLEnabled="true"
               maxThreads="150"
               scheme="https"
               secure="true"
               sslProtocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="{user.home}/.keystore" keystorePass="changeit"
/>

And run the server.

The SSL negotiation starts as I recieve the warning from the browser
regarding untrusted certificate, but afterward the connection is being
reset.

>From logs I was able to find this error:
15-Aug-2014 17:46:46.447 SEVERE [http-nio-9443-exec-9]
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun
 java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SecureNioChannel
cannot be cast to java.lang.Long
    at org.apache.coyote.spdy.SpdyAprNpnHandler.process(
SpdyAprNpnHandler.java:96)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.
process(Http11NioProtocol.java:217)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.
doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1566)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.
run(NioEndpoint.java:1523)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(
TaskThread.java:61)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

That's clearly a ClassCastException and I issued a bug report for this.

Either way can anyone point me some resource or example configuration that
setup the SPDY, because I might miss something.

Thanks,