Christopher Schultz wrote:

Shawn,

On 8/19/14, 2:31 PM, NEW IT wrote:
So you meant after I fired up the Tomcat 7 then change the
environment variables for the version 6 and startup there too?

Yes, you can do that, but...

CATALINA_HOME could set to version 7 and CATALINA_BASE set to
version 6 OK?

No, CATALINA_BASE has to agree with CATALINA_HOME's configuration. So
you can't for example create a setup under /opt/tomcats/mywebapp/ and
then launch with CATALINA_BASE=/opt/tomcats/mywebapp/ under both
Tomcat 6 and Tomcat 7. The reason is that server.xml usually contains
certain things that are version-specific.

But, if you want to deply the same web application to Tomcat 6 and
Tomcat 7, you could do something like this:

$ JAVA_HOME=/opt/java-7
$ CATALINA_HOME=/opt/apache-tomcat-7.0.55
$ CATALINA_BASE=/opt/tomcats/mywebapp-tc7/
$ CATALINA_HOME/startup.sh

$ JAVA_HOME=/opt/java-6
$ CATALINA_HOME=/opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.41
$ CATALINA_BASE=/opt/tomcats/mywebapp-tc6/
$ CATALINA_HOME/startup.sh

This will launch Tomcat 6 on Java 6 with your webapp configured in
mywebapp-tc6 and a similar setup with later versions for mywebapp-tc7.

- -chris

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote: To whom it may concern,