you can verify this in your connector configuration and also in the logs.
Here are the connector attributes.

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol - blocking Java connector
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol - non blocking Java connector
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol - the APR/native connector.
[1]
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html#SSL_Support_-_APR/Native

Regards,
Sanaullah