It appears to be Tomcat 7.0.50.

We can be reasonably certain that the webapp was running.

We can be reasonably certain that it did not redeploy, because that would have (1) changed an awful lot of timestamps that did not change, and (2) would have required somebody to manually change its own configuration files, because straight out of the WAR file, it would not, in this installation, know where to find the CRM server for which it is front-ending. I do see, if I pull up "properties" for the webapp's own logs directory, what appears to be a grayed check under "Read-only (Only applies to files in folder)." But that is also true of Tomcat's general logs directory, and it's got archived catalina.<date>.log files going back to February.

I was wondering if there was a Tomcat explanation, for the apparent disappearance of the webapp's own archived logs, other than either redeployment or somebody going in and manually deleting the archived logs.

I've already asked the developers of the webapp (who are in another time zone, and are not expected to get back to me until tomorrow) if they have any idea why we'd lose our own logs.

--
JHHL