I was wondering whether anyone out there is seeing a problem uploading
large files using Tomcat 8.0.9 and greater (same issue in 8.0.11).

The context is that I'm running Sonatype Nexus in Tomcat.  When I do an
"mvn deploy" on a smaller project, things work.  We I do a "mvn deploy" on
a large artifact, I get something like:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.5:deploy (default-deploy) on
project test-upload: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer
artifact myorg.test:test-upload:jar:1.0-20140829.155810-1 from/to snapshots
(http://localhost:8080/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/): Error
transferring file: Error writing to server -> [Help 1]

The size of the artifact is about 4MB.

Running this under Tomcat 8.0.8 works, but under 8.0.9 it fails.  This was
tried on Windows 7 and Linux.  Tomcat is the only difference in the
environment.

I tried setting the maxPostSize of the HTTP/1.1 connector in server.xml to
0, -1, and a large number (52428800) with no success.

There is absolutely no information in the Tomcat logs to indicate any
errors.  Only the client message above indicates the error.  However, the
Tomcat version is the only difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks