Lulseged Zerfu wrote:
Hi  I am getting bad request from tomcat when I send UTF-8 encoded request to
my application. I have configured connector in my server.xml with
URIEncoding=”UTF-8”. I have set charset in the request to UTF-8. How can I
solve 400 Bad request? How can I tell tomcat to decode request URI instead of
responding with 400 Bad request? I will appreciate any help.
I am using tomcat 8.0.11 on windows 8 x64. I have also tried with tomcat 7.0.55. BRLulseged

Hi.

To post to this list, you should probably set your email program to send messages as "plain text". That would make it easier to read them.

About your question :
If Tomcat responds that the request is invalid, then it probably is.
So the question is not how to make Tomcat consider it as valid, but rather how to generate a valid request, from the client side.

You do not provide the real request that results in such a Tomcat response, so it is difficult to tell. If I had to guess, I would guess that it is the page in which there is the link that you click, to generate this error in Tomcat, that is not correct. Maybe the page says that it is UTF-8, but the link itself (in the "<a href=...> that you click on) is in another encoding, or vice-versa ? It may also be wrongly URL-encoded.