Thanks guys for all the feedback.

I have tried the following suggested tasks:

   - Upgrading Tomcat to the newest 7.0.55 on all our servers -> Problem
   still persists
   - Force a System.gc() when connection count is on the loose ->
   Connection count is not dropping
   - Lowering the log level of NioEndpoint class that contains the Poller
   code -> No info about why the poller thread exits in any tomcat logs
   - Reverting the JVM stack size per thread to the default is discussed
   previously -> Problem still persists

I have now checked out the NioEndpoint source code and recompiled it with a
logging try-catch surrounding the whole of the Poller.run() implementation
as I noticed that the outer try-catch here only catches OOME.
I will report back with my findings as soon as the problem arises again.

/Lars

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 9:02 PM, Christopher Schultz <