Suleman,

On 9/18/14 3:45 AM, Suleman Butt wrote:
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Method not supported. at
> iaik.pkcs.pkcs1.RSACipher.engineUpdate(Unknown Source) at
> javax.crypto.Cipher.update(DashoA13*) at
> java.security.Signature$CipherAdapter.engineUpdate(Signature.java:1216)

at java.security.Signature$Delegate.engineUpdate(Signature.java:1118)
> at java.security.Signature.update(Signature.java:684) at
> java.security.Signature.update(Signature.java:667)

This is the problem, here.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=RSACipher+method+not+supported

Second link when I searched was:
http://javadoc.iaik.tugraz.at/iaik_jce/3.1cc/iaik/pkcs/pkcs1/rsacipher.html

Look at method "engineUpdate":
http://javadoc.iaik.tugraz.at/iaik_jce/3.1cc/iaik/pkcs/pkcs1/RSACipher.html#engineUpdate%28byte[],%20int,%20int%29

Officially not supported.

So, your crypto provider can't do whatever you are asking it to do.

> It's only when i run the application in Tomcat, I get the above
> error message.

It's likely that you are trying to use a variety of crypto providers
in your web application and they ace conflicting. Most good APIs
should let you specify the crypto provider to use when performing a
certain operation. That will allow you to use e.g. BouncyCastle versus
built-in JDK versus IAIK, etc.

Look into how to choose some other crypto provider instead of IAIK.
Or, if you don't need IAIK at all, then get rid of it and you'll
likely get better results.