Hi

I'm currently working on integrating embedded tomcat in the OPS4j Pax Web
OSGi container as alternativ underlying web container. Right now I'm stuck
on a certain point that is kind of hard to understand so I'm sure I'm doing
something "awfully" wrong :)

So here is what I'm struggling with.
Using Tomcat 8 embedded core
While the context is started I eventually end up at [1]
This is the point I don't get cause I'd expect Servlets to be started at
[2], but obviously the Servlets are already started at [1]. Therefore the
ServletContainerInitializers are never called [3].

Now my question, what am I doing wrong, as all servlets are registered as
children.

I'm very well aware that these questions might not really make a lot of
sense, therefore you'll find the current implementation at [4].

regards, Achim

[1] -
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/core/StandardContext.java#L5098

[2] -