Baran,

On 16.10.2014 19:20, Baran Topal wrote:
I did the new CSR with the new private key.

Ok.

"You could also add protocol attribute to force JSSE connector (BIO or
NIO), to prevent connector auto-selection."
1) What is the protocol attribute and where to add it?

To your Connector configuration:

2) I think those old cer and crt is not applicable anymore. Correct?

If you generated new key pair, and got new certificate, then yes, old certificates may be discarded.

3) So, what is the fundamental difference in cer and crt? I received cer as
my friend told me it's the intermediate one, whereas crt is not.

File extensions are not completly standardized. So I cannot tell what do those files contains. You should be able to open them and check it out for yourself. They usually contains certificates in Base64 or binary format.

4) What would be aliases for cer and crt? Any alias is fine? or it must
match with the alias for private key?

I am not completely sure what exactly is your question.

Any alias is fine for Tomcat JSSE connectors, but it must match the name from server.xml.

When importing certificate reply into the Java keystore, you should take care that you import it with the same alias the key pair is generated.

-Ognjen