On 10/11/2014 11:53, Jan Dosoudil wrote:
> Hi,
> we have web application running MyFaces, Richfaces (+ Atmosphere 1.0.18)
> on Tomcat 7.0.55, Oracle JDK 7u67. Tomcat is configured to use Nio
> connector:
>     <Connector URIEncoding="UTF-8" acceptCount="150"
> compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/css,text/javascript"
> compression="on" compressionMinSize="2048" connectionTimeout="60000"
> disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false"
> maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150"
> noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata" port="8090"
> protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
> socket.bufferPool="0" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"/>
>

> Problem is that user opens application in browser and sometimes sees
> only blank page and spinning load indicator, indefinitely. It's caused
> by one or more css/javascript resources in page that didn't load.
> Browser console shows that request has been sent and it is waiting for
> response. Using apache-bench and wireshark I found that tomcat sends RST
> packet, here are related log items:

<snip/>

> Do you have any idea how to debug this or whether It is known bug or
> there is some workaroud?

It doesn't match any known bugs I am familiar with.

My best guess is that something is retaining a reference to an async
object longer than is should. Tomcat recycles that object to re-use it
and then you get a conflict between the new and old users of that object.

Enabling debug level logging for protocol might shed some light.

Something to consider (as a change in Tomcat) would be using a facade
around the SocketWrapper so that when the SocketWrapper is recycled it
can be nulled out in the facade. Given the increasing use of async and
non-blocking this could be something that would be generally useful.

Mark