Thanks for your support and suggestion, the client code will be distributed
to many clients as command line interface, so changing the JDK with 1.7
will take time and effort.

I found the way to set the SSL property in JDK6 and JDK5, after the below
changes code is working fine:

 System.setProperty( "https.protocols", "TLSv1" );

Hope it will work for any OS and any JDK greater than 1.5

Regards,
Rajesh