> From: Jose Monreal [mailto:jmonr...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 7.0.57 and application META-INF/context.xml

> When I deploy my application "myApp-1.2.war" to Tomcat, instead of taking
> the context "/my/app/context/1.2" that's specified in META-INF/context.xml
> under the path attribute of Context key, it takes the name of my war, so it
> gets deployed under the context myApp-1.2.

Read the doc: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html

In particular, this part under Naming: "the context path may not be defined in
a META-INF/context.xml embedded in the application", and this under the
description of path: "This attribute must only be used when statically defining
a Context in server.xml. In all other circumstances, the path will be inferred
from the filenames used for either the .xml context file or the docBase."

> What configuration am I missing?

That described in the docs.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.