From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 8:55 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Socket Servlet using Tomcat 5.5.17

Hi David...

I didn't send a request to the servlet I am expecting the servlet to execute
on socket open, for that i made my servlet in the Root (The default one)...
I want once i connect using the host and port it execute my servlet...

David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
30/05/2006 15:04
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Socket Servlet using Tomcat 5.5.17

Could you please clarify something for me?  You say you expect the
servlet to run when the socket is opened.  Did you send a request or are
you really expecting the servlet to execute on socket open?  The servlet
won't be aware of the client until a request is made and tomcat has a
chance to route it to your servlet per the spec.

--David