Thusitha,

On 3/18/15 5:39 AM, Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne wrote:
> I'm in the process of migrating embedded tomcat 7.0.59 application
> to Tomcat 8.0.20. Tomcat is been bundle as a OSGI bundle. First I
> get a NullPointerException when trying to access the server home
> page. I fixed that manually setting an empty TldCache instance in
> the context as follows
>
> [snip]
>

> Now it is not throwing the NPE. but instead of that I'm getting
> following exception
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri:
>> http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles cannot be resolved in either
>> web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application at
>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:55)

It

looks like you are missing the Tiles JAR. Is it located in your
WEB-INF/lib directory?

> I'm also using a extended JarScanner as follows
>
> public class CarbonTomcatJarScanner extends StandardJarScanner{

Without trying to read and understand all this code, can you explain
why you are using your own JarScanner instead of Tomcat's? Perhaps
there is a way to do this where you don't need to write your own
JarScanner.

> It seems that this is relate to JarScanner. Can someone tell me
> what I have done wrong here? Or a way to fix this? Is this occur
> because I set TldCache manually?

I'm curious as to why the TldCache isn't being set up correctly in the
first place. In your other recent thread ("NPE in
JspCompilationContext.getTldResourcePath"), there were a couple of
questions from the community that it doesn't look like you have
answered. Perhaps answering those might help you solve both problems
at once.