Hello list,

I'm not sure if this the right place to ask, but here it goes...

I have a existing WebApp that I'm planning to upgrade to Tomcat8 (version
8.0.20 as of today). It is running stable in Tomcat7 already for ages.

Tomcat8 does not embed the JasperListener so I added it manually to my
pom.xml otherwise I was getting NoClassDefFoundError.

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.tomcat</groupId>
    <artifactId>tomcat-jasper</artifactId>
    <version>8.0.20</version>
</dependency>

The application bootstraps properly but when I launch a request to it, I'm
getting the following exception;

Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when
resolving method
"org.apache.jasper.runtime.InstanceManagerFactory.getInstanceManager(Ljavax/servlet/ServletConfig;)Lorg/apache/tomcat/InstanceManager;"
the class loader (instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/WebappClassLoader)
of the current class, jsp/WEB_002dINF/jsp/home_005fpage_jsp, and the class
loader (instance of java/net/URLClassLoader) for the method's defining
class, org/apache/jasper/runtime/InstanceManagerFactory, have different
Class objects for the type org/apache/tomcat/InstanceManager used in the
signature at
jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.home_005fpage_jsp._jspInit(home_005fpage_jsp.java:128)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.init(HttpJspBase.java:49) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1231)

Has anyone experienced/resolved this before?