Am 24.03.2015 um 21:05 schrieb David Marsh:
Sorry thats :-

principal="HTTP/win-tc01.kerbtest.local@KERBTEST.LOCAL"
under jaas.conf, it is set to the tomcat server DNS.
Is it working with this configuration, or just to point out, that you copied the wrong jaas.conf for the mail?

Felix

From: dmars...@outlook.com
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: SPNEGO test configuration with Manager webapp
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:02:04 +0000

I'm trying to get SPNEGO authentication working with Tomcat 8.

I've created three Windows VMs :-

Tomcat Server - Windows 8.1 32 bit VM
Test Client - Windows 8.1 32 bit VM
Domain Controller - Windows Server 2012 R2 64 bit VM

The Tomcat Server and the Test Client are joined to the same domain
kerbtest.local, they are logged in with domain logins.

The firewall is disabled on the Tomcat Server VM.

I've followed the guidelines on the Apache Tomcat website.

jaas.conf

com.sun.security.jgss.krb5.initiate {
com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
doNotPrompt=true
principal="HTTP/win-dc01.kerbtest.local@KERBTEST.LOCAL"
useKeyTab=true
keyTab="C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat
8.0/conf/tomcat.keytab"
storeKey=true;
};

com.sun.security.jgss.krb5.accept {
com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
doNotPrompt=true
principal="HTTP/win-dc01.kerbtest.local@KERBTEST.LOCAL"
useKeyTab=true
keyTab="C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat
8.0/conf/tomcat.keytab"
storeKey=true;
};

krb5.ini

[libdefaults]
default_realm = KERBTEST.LOCAL
default_keytab_name = FILE:C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
8.0\conf\tomcat.keytab
default_tkt_enctypes = rc4-hmac,aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96,aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96
default_tgs_enctypes = rc4-hmac,aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96,aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96
forwardable=true

[realms]
KERBTEST.LOCAL = {
kdc = win-dc01.kerbtest.local:88
}

I want to use the tomcat manager app to test SPNEGO with Active Directory.

I have tried to keep the setup as basic and vanilla to the instructions as
possible.

Users were created as instructed.

Spn was created as instructed
setspn -A HTTP/win-tc01.kerbtest.local tc01

keytab was created as instructed
ktpass /out c:\tomcat.keytab /mapuser tc01@KERBTEST.LOCAL /princ
HTTP/win-tc01.kerbtest.local@KERBTEST.LOCAL /pass tc01pass /kvno 0

I have tried to test with firefox, chrome and IE, after ensuring
http://win-tc01.kerbtest.local is a trusted site in IE. In firefox I added
http://win-tc01.kerbtest.local to network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris and
network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris.

Tomcat is running as a Windows service under the tc01@kerbtest.local account.

Visiting URL from the Test Client VM :- http://win-tc01.kerbtest.local in
firefox results in 401 three times.

Looking at the Network tab in developer tools in firefox shows 401 response
with WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate response http header.

The next has an Authorization request http header with long encrypted string.

IE still prompts for credentials with a popup, not sure why as does chrome.
The setting User Authentication, Logon, Automatic Logon only in Intranet Zone,
is selected under trusted sites.

It seems like authentication is never completed ?

There are no errors in tomcat logs.

Any ideas what is happening and what I can do to troubleshoot ?

I'm quite happy to help improve the documentation and follow the instructions,
however I have tried that and cannot get a working basic set up.

many thanks

David