André,

On 3/30/15 6:07 PM, André Warnier wrote:
> Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>
>> Jeffrey,

>>> I may be being a little naïve here, but would the
>>> sessionCookieDomain parameter of the <Context> element work for
>>> the OP here?
>>
>> No, because the "domain" of the "page" is considered to be
>> separate from the application being used, here (in an <iframe>).
>> Setting the domain of the cookie to the page-domain would
>> probably result in the cookie being (possibly) ignored by the
>> browser (because it came from the wrong domain) or the cookie
>> wouldn't be sent to the application because the domain wouldn't
>> match.
>>
>> That does bring-up another point, though: could the page-domain
>> be used to proxy requests through to the application? If so, none
>> of this work might need to be done. The browser would request
>> https://host.com/app and host.com would proxy through to
>> https://otherhost.com/app. It's more configuration and
>> networking work, but it's less application work which may be a
>> win.
>>

> Re-reading this thread from the beginning, I still have a doubt as
> to whether I understand the issue correctly. That is because, as
> far as I know, an <iframe> within a Windows, is its own Window
> object, with its own "baseURI" etc.. And from the server's point of
> view, it is in fact like a separate "browser window", from which
> requests originate and to which responses are being sent, and it is
> for all intents and purposes indistinguishable from just another
> separate Window or Tab that would be opened on the same workstation
> by the same or another browser. So under what circumstances can a
> "session-id cookie" being sent by Tomcat to that "iframe Window" be
> considered as a third-party cookie and blocked by a browser ? (And
> if it were, would that not be a browser bug ?)

http://www.mendoweb.be/blog/internet-explorer-safari-third-party-cookie-
problem/
http://stackoverflow.com/a/486569/276232

Wesley, it looks like there are some hacks available that might solve
your problem.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/4702110/276232
http://anantgarg.com/2010/02/18/cross-domain-cookies-in-safari/

Unfortunately, it looks like these hacks are outdated and no longer
work: WebKit patched this "bug" so that iframe cookies are again ignored
.

It looks like there might be some other possibilities, but I can't
verify them ATM.