> From: Salam Y. Elias [mailto:salamli...@free.fr]
> Subject: Fedora 20 Yum and tomcat setup

> I used Yum to setup which installed Apache Tomcat/7.0.52.

You should probably stop right there and undo that.  The 3rd-party mangled
versions of Tomcat tend to scatter files all over the place to the point where
the installation isn't anything at all like a standard setup.  I would strongly
suggest you download the desired Tomcat version (why not 8.0.21?) from
tomcat.apache.org and install that.  That will provide all the necessary
scripts and use a known directory layout that corresponds to the Tomcat
documentation.

Once a real Tomcat is installed, you should be able to update the configuration
per the documentation.  If you have questions after that, please come back and
ask again.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.