Fleur,

On 4/10/15 10:40 PM, Fleur Garage wrote:
> I am trying to enable SSL on Apache Tomcat/7.0.32.  Have generated
> a local self-signed cert and CSR and have sent the .csr for
> signing. I have received 4 certificates back from Comodo:
> AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt, COMODORSAAddTrustCA.crt,
> COMODORSAOrganizationValidationSecureServerCA.crt and my
> server/domain certificate.
>
> Import of Root CA and both Intermediate certificates to my keystore
> was successful.  I received the message "Certificate was added to
> keystore" for each of them.
>
> But, when I tried to import the server/domain certificate, I am
> getting the Failed to establish chain from reply. *keytool -import
> -trustcacerts -alias tomcat -file <domain.crt> -keystore
> mykeystore*
>
> Note that the alias (tomcat) I used here is the same alias I used
> to generate the csr. Does anyone have an idea on how to resolve
> this issue?

You'll need to import the root and intermediate certificates from the
CA first, which it sounds like you did. Just to confirm, you did
something like this:

 $ keytool -import -alias [Authority.CA] -trustcacerts -file
[authority's CA cert] -keystore ${HOSTNAME}.jks

 $ keytool -import -alias [Authority.intermediate] -trustcacerts -file
[authority's intermediate cert] -keystore ${HOSTNAME}.jks

(you may have to do this more than once if you have multiple
intermediate certificates)

 $ keytool -import -alias ${HOSTNAME} -file ${HOSTNAME}.crt -keystore
${HOSTNAME}.jks