On 4/30/2015 2:49 PM, David kerber wrote:
I'm having trouble getting the default webapps to start under TC8 when I
separate catalina_base and catalina_home.  It must be something stupid
I'm missing, but I can't think of any place else to check.

This is a windows server 2012 R2 server, with JRE 7u75, JRE 8u45, TC
7.0.57 and TC 8.0.21 all installed as 32-bit under Program Files (x86).
  TC is as a windows service in both cases, and they were installed
using the windows service installer .exe.  TC7 is set up to use JRE 7,
and TC 8 to use JRE8.  Everything runs fine under TC7, but I appear to
be having some interference when I try to run apps under TC8, not from
catalina_home.  All the following comments are running TC8.

I don't have Konstantin's message on this machine so I can't reply to it, but he got me pointed in the correct direction to get this fixed.

The issues was with my set up of the CATALINA_BASE directories. All the install locations were good, but when I set up catalina.base, I also happened to copy the /lib directory, which has all the tomcat jars in it (catalina.jar, etc), so it was picking the TC7 versions of them instead of the ones in the actual install location. Once I got rid of the extra files, everything runs as it should.

Thanks!