TC 3.3.x had an optional module to do this.  It never got ported.

I generally agree with most of the people that say that this is the least of
your problems.  If you are usings a self-signed cert, then you are just
getting what you deserve.  Otherwise, you simply contact the CA and revoke
the cert:  At least this problem solved :).  Now, how to deal with the fact
that the hacker just uploaded 10,000 credit-card numbers, since my jdbc
password was in the clear :).

"Dickson Lam (dilam)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hi,

I am using Tomcat 5.5.16 window version. When I configure Tomcat to use
SSL, I need to put the "keystorePass" password on the Tomcat server.xml
file which is in plain text format.

Is it anyway I can hide the keystore password from the server.xml? or
configure Tomcat to read in an encrypted "keystorePass" password and
decrypted the password during startup?

Regards

Dickson