On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 5:07 AM, Frank Lehmann <frank-lehm...@freenet.de>
wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> First, please don't top post.
> -- Don't know what you mean, i am at qnalist.com and pushed the button
> "reply to:"

This is top posting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting

We prefer that people who write to the list use an inline style or bottom
post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting

The idea is that if everyone does the same thing, it's easier to read and
follow conversations on the list.

I don't know the website you're using, but you can subscribe your email
here.  I believe that's the preferred way to interact with the list.

http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html

> Reply inline like this or at the bottom.
> -- See above.
>
> Second, what is the mistake you're referring to?
> -- I explained, that the words, which are in the condpattern valvue do not
> match.
>
> Third, we don't know.
> -- I have this rewritecond set:
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}
>
> ("android|blackberry|googlebot-mobile|iemobile|ipad|iphone|ipod|mobile|palmos|webos")
>
> So, my opinion is, that any word of the string from the user-agent will
> match the string set in the third value of the rule.
> But it does not. nothing will happen.

Have you tried something simpler first?  Like the example I sent you.  Does
it work?  From what you've posted, it's not clear if there's a Tomcat
configuration problem (i.e. it's not starting the valve / reading the
rules) or if the rule in question is not working as you'd expect.

If it's the later, then you're going to need to adjust the rule to make it
work.  I haven't tried that rule, so I can't say if it will work or not.

>  You still haven't provided any configuration or
> explanation of what you did.  Where did you configure the valve?  In
> server.xml?  In the Context for an app?  Where did you put the
> rewrite.config file?
>
> -- My configuration is as follows:
>
> Windows 2012 R2
> Tomcat 8.0 in directory tomcat/webapps

Which version?  There are currently 23 different releases of the 8.0 branch.

> server.xml in /conf directory with <valve ...rewritevalve set.
> rewrite.config file in directory /conf/catalina/localhost
>
> Rewrite.config will controled after restart tomcat service, because if
> mistakes in the rule, tomcat won't start

Sorry, not sure I follow you here.  Are you saying that Tomcat is failing
to start?  If so, are you getting an error or exception?  If so, include
that here.

Dan