Dan,

On 6/12/15 8:37 AM, Dan Hyatt wrote:
> I am trying to update my SSL certificate in tomcat.  The webserver
> keeps sending the old expired certificate I am taking over from
> long gone admins with no config notes, but this should be
> straightforward. The certificate authority support suggests there
> might be another configuration..but this is the only server.xml for
> the app
>
> The best answer from the cert authority is that there is another
> keystore but the xml file points to  where my keystore is.
>
> It passes all the tests except for the cert authorities final
> test.
>
> I installed and verified the keystore I restarted tomcat6 I believe
> the XML file says the keystore is
> keystoreFile="/opt/atlassian/confluence/conf/.keystore"/>  (see
> below) Even though I changed the password, it is still reading the
> old key.
>
> I am wondering if there is a stale certificate in memory. I cannot
> think of anything else.  If that be the case can I clear that
> without a reboot?

Assuming that you have restarted Tomcat successfully, a reboot should
not be necessary. You did restart Tomcat, right?

> root@dvm7:/opt/atlassian/confluence/conf#server.xml

Is that # symbol in the path a typo?

> <Connector address="127.0.0.1" port="8443"
> maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
> maxSpareThreads="75" enableLookups="false"
> disableUploadTimeout="true" acceptCount="100" scheme="https"
> secure="true" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
> SSLEnabled="true" URIEncoding="UTF-8" keystorePass="dsgroot"
> keystoreFile="/opt/atlassian/confluence/conf/.keystore"/>

Does your keystore not have a password? Not that it really matters,
but keystores typically have passwords.

What does this command show:

$ keytool -list -keystore /opt/atlassian/confluence/conf/.keystore

You might want to consider running your server against ssllabs's SSL
test and then modifying your cipher suites configuration. There are a
number of cipher suites that have been deemed problematic lately that
you'll want to disable. Unfortunately, since you are using a
JSSE-based TLS implementation (that Java one), you have to white-list
your ciphers and list them all, rather than black-listing the known
bad ones.