Christopher Schultz wrote:

Zoran,

On 7/2/15 1:22 AM, Zoran Avtarovski wrote:
We have a struts2 based app that uses spiring scheduling to trigger
a task every morning at 6am.

The problem we have is that task in triggered multiple times, simultaneously.

What evidence do you have that the task is triggered multiple times?
(I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just curious... it might help
determine WHY it's being run twice.)

We have an Ubuntu 14.04.1 Server using the standard tomcat 7
installed using apt-get and running on oracle java 8.

Ubuntu tends to be relatively up-to-date compared to other distros,
but do you know what version of Tomcat 7 you actually have? It won't
have anything to do with this problem, but upgrading to latest is
always recommended.

Tomcat is configured as a stand alone not a cluster and I had a
look at the servers.xml file and it only has one host.

It has to be the way we have tomcat configured, but I can¹t see
what. I changed from quartz to spring scheduling thinking the issue
was quartz, but that made no difference.

I¹d really appreciate any pointers at this stage.

At first, I was sure the issue would be multiple-deployment, triggered
by putting a <Context> element in your server.xml that pointed to a
WAR file (or exploded WAR directory) in your webapps/ folder. That
would do it. But you posted your server.xml elsewhere in this thread,
and that's not the problem.

But you might still have a double-deployment.

Do you have any files in CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/? If
so, which ones and what do they contain?

What do you have in CATALINA_BASE/webapps/?

How do you launch Tomcat?

Also, if an application is being doubly-deployed, it should be visible in the Tomcat logfile (at the beginning, when Tomcat starts).