Another possible issue is the session cookie information,
which IE has problems with when doing simple HTTP redirects.

On May 27, 2006, at 1:05 PM, Rizwan Merchant wrote:

We are running tomcat 5.5.16 on Fedora Core 4 OS. We just installed apache2.0 as a front to serve the pages using the mod_jk connector. There are 2 apps on tomcat (virtual hosting), one of which needs to be SSL enabled (lets say app1 and app2, app2 is the one that needs to be SSL enabled).

Everything seems to be working fine on FireFox, both apps can be accessed fine. When we access www.app1.com pages are served as expected, and when we access www.app2.com the browser detects the certificate and switches to https

But things are not well when it comes to IE. www.app1.com works the same as FF, and the app can be accessed. But when we try to access www.app2.com, IE shows the certificate and asks if we would like to proceed. When we click on 'Yes', the browser cannot find the app after that and returns "Page cannot be displayed error". Also, directly accessing the https site by using the URL https:// www.app2.com:8443 works fine on IE as well. so its basically the switching from http to https for app2 that doesnt seem to work.

I dont understand why this works on FF but not on IE..!
I hope someone can shed some light on this. I can post the httpd.conf , server.xml and workers.properties files if that helps..

Thanks,
-Riz.