Konstantin,

On 7/9/15 6:30 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> Please do not top-post, Rules:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users -> "6."

>> yes (LogFormat "%H %{SSL_SESSION_ID}e %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s
>> %b") note that in both cases %H is the same value. I think it is
>> correct.
>
> Agreed. HTTP/1.1 is correct here. It is what is written on the
> first line of an HTTP request.
>
>> Have a look here :
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats
>> and in particular at %{FOOBAR}e     The contents of the
>> environment variable FOOBAR
>>
>> You can also log the request protocol : %H      The request
>> protocol
>
> OP is using HTTPD 2.4, so documentation link is s/2.2/2.4/,
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats
>
> You may look at mod_ssl docs,
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ssl.html
>
> There are a number of interesting environment variables that may
> be logged (HTTPS, SSL_PROTOCOL, SSL_SESSION_RESUMED).
>
> Description of  "SSLSessionCache" directive in mod_ssl mentions
> some null values, but as you have configured "shmcb" cache
> implementation that apparently should not happen.

If the shared-memory configuration isn't working, weird things like
this may happen. I had a similar problem with mod_jk's shared memory
configuration pointing to an incorrect-path on the disk, and so shm
didn't initialize properly.

A small "FYI: shared memory isn't working" message was printed at
startup but otherwise everything else was working as expected... until
I noticed that mod_jk's worker statuses were jumping-around from
ACTIVE to DISABLED and back without me changing them.

The problem was non-working shared memory.

Alex, you may want to ensure that your shmcb isn't failing to
initialize properly. It might explain the issues you are seeing.

> I think that you'll get more answers on mod_ssl behaviour if you
> ask on an Apache HTTPD mailing list.

+1

And please come back and let us know what you find out.