> I already have a custom error page.  When I detect that a URL returned by
> google would return a 404, I exclude it from the search results so that the
> user never sees it.
>
> Mitch

Mitch,

Ok I see now what you mean. Sorry your original email was quite clear.

Hmm interesting challenge. Big picture terms, I guess the two obvious
choices seem to be to not use google for searching, or parse the
google results, and determine the url validity as you are doing.
Depending on the urls you use, that could be horrible. Guess that's
where you are. Is not using google an option?

Please let us know how you resolve it.

Chris