Hi --

I have just installed Tomcat 8 on Windows 2008 R2. I go into the host manager and add two virtual hosts. However, the server.xml file does not get updated. When I restart the Tomcat service the two virtual hosts no longer appear in the host manager web UI.

Additionally, if I manually add hosts to the server.xml file they do not appear either.

It appears as though Tomcat is neither reading nor writing to this file, however, when I tried renaming it Tomcat - as expected - would not start.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks

Rich