> From: Leo Donahue [mailto:donahu...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: heap thrashing

> > I see this topic come up from time to time on the list.  Can someone point
> > me to what heap thrashing looks like?

> > Is heap thrashing a very "closely spaced" saw tooth pattern?

Very often.

> This is about as close as I can find that is similar to what I'm seeing.

> http://i.stack.imgur.com/B9oPL.png

That is characteristic of something in the webapp consuming lots of short-lived
objects (no memory leak).  Without an actual heap analysis, you can't tell if
it's a small number of large objects or a large number of small ones.  Using a
heap profiler should help find what's eating the space.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.