Am 08.09.2015 um 12:31 schrieb Eric Tang:
Dear Tomcat support,

I am a developer working on Java applications and have been using different
containers and deployment platforms. I would like to have a question on the
access logs.

The access logs of Tomcat is configured in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml,
the "Valve" attribute
with className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve". The format of
log is governed by the pattern expression, referenced in the documentation
of Tomcat (TOMCAT_URI/config/valve.html).

Is it possible to format the log with customized field name and string
contents? I've been looking for answer in the web but no clear answer is
found.
Could you provide samples of such customized fields you want to add?

Regards,
 Felix
I read through the usage / developer docs and source codes of Tomcat and
find some clues. Would such require modifications of Tomcat source codes:

Editing "protected AccessLogElement createAccessLogElement()" to add new
pattern items in the switch-case flow for any new field-value pairs, and
implement new element class(es) for AccessLogValue.

Could you please kindly help to advise?
Thank you.

Eric