Hello,

first of all I am new at this mailing-list and would be very glad if subscribers of this list could help me.

As far as I understand the life cycle of a servlet in a tomcat-servlet-container, one instance of a servlet is created and when a request comes in, a thread is started with the service-methode. In my understanding should an other thread been started with the service-methode, if the first thread is sill running and a new request comes in. If this isn´t correct, please correct me.

If this is correct, I don´t know what i´m doing wrong... It doesn´t work for me. Not in a really simple HttpSerlvet and not in an also simple JSP. To be more specific: my simple JSPs "needs" 5 sec. (just be sleep(5000) ) to finish. And if I send multiple requests to tomcat, one request is processed after the other... just like it is processed in a queue and not parallel. And not - JSP and Servlet are not implementing SingleThreadingModel.

Has someone an hint for me?

Thank you very much,

steffen from germany