> From: Troy Robinson [mailto:troy.robin...@sasktel.com]
> Subject: Re: Uninstalling Apache Tomcat 7.0.59 from Windows Server

> I just :
> - downloaded the 7.0.59 version from the http://tomcat.apache.org/ site.

Which version?  There are three for Windows (ignoring Itanium), plus two other
generic ones.  Be precise.

> - unpacked the distribution into its own directory.
> - configured  the CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE environment variable to
> this directory.
> - configured teh JRE_HOME and JAVA_HOME environment variables to
> appropriate java directories.

Then likely all you need to do is remove the directory that you unpacked the
distribution into.

> - Started the tomcat service by :   %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\startup.bat

That didn't start a service, just a batch job.  Windows services are very, very
different.

> So, to uninstall, can I just shut down and remove the Service, and delete
> all the contents of the CATALINA_HOME directory ?

Other than you don't appear to have installed a service, yes.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.