In regards to my original problem sent a few hours ago, if someone could
test the following, it would be greatly appreciated...

1. If you have a version of Tomcat 5.0.28 running on ports 8080 and 8443
using a valid (signed) certificate and NOT running as root.
2. Make sure that the above both responds on http and https protocols
correctly.

3. Download Tomcat 5.5.17 and install it by uncommenting the SSL section and
then renaming the 8XXX ports to its 9XXX equivalent.
4. Make sure that you configure SSL to use the SAME certificate file.
5. Test the above (http://domain.com:9080 and https://domain.com:9443), as
for me https did not work, but http did -- this is where everything started
going bad for me (port 9443 was NOT bound at all when using 'netstat -ln').

6. Stop both servers and restart the Tomcat 5.0.28 one
7. Now if you try step #2, it no longer works and requesting https will just
time-out.  FOR EVER -- no more https!

Thats all I did thinking that there was no harm in running Tomcat in
parallel sharing the same certificate key.  If someone could test the above
at least I could get some feedback.

Thanks,

Jeach!