Hi all,

I've tried following the instructions in
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html to
add an Oracle DataSource to my Tomcat 7.0.65 installation. The relevant
contents of my $CATALINA_HOME\conf\context.xml is:
<Resource name="jdbc/AssetDB" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
maxActive="10" maxIdle="5" maxWait="10000" username="sin" password="hidden"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver " logAbandoned="true"
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@pfacddbora01:1521:TESTDB"/>

I have added ojdbc6.jar to $CATALINA_HOME\lib, but when I acces the test jsp
page, I get the following error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get
connection, DataSource invalid:
"org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class
'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver '"

Full error page attached for details. Can anybody explain, what is wrong, and
how to fix this. I am quite baffled by this error, as the Jar-file containing
the JDBC driver, including the class it complains about is in the tomcat lib
dir, which is also, where the dbcp jars are found.

Platform info:
    Tomcat 7.0.65
    Java 1.8.0_45
Windows 7 x64

<best regards

Simon Kepp Nielsen
IT Infrastructure Manager - IT Operations
M: 30 52 77 07 - E: s...@pfa.dk<mailto:s...@pfa.dk>

[PFA Pension]
Sundkrogsgade 4, DK-2100København Ø, T: 39 17 50 00,
www.pfa.dk<http://www.pfa.dk>
Tænk på miljøet - print med omtanke

Disclaimer
This message is for a specific individual and purpose and may contain
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please let us
know and delete it from your system. You are also hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of the information is strictly prohibited.