Marc Farrow wrote:
> Which still implies a permission problem.  On Windows 2000 check the
> security tab of the webapps folder under Tomcat.  Make sure the account
> that
> is running Tomcat has permission to "delete".  The "archive" set is the
> file
> type and doesn't really have much to do with permissions.

More likely to be file locking. There are a couple of context settings
that might help you work around this. Look at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html and search
for antiJARLocking and antiResourceLocking

As far as I recall there is an issue with one of the xml parsers that
when it accesses resources from a war keeps a lock on the file. This
only happens on Windows.

Mark