From a performance point of view - it doesn't matter.

From a maintenaince point of view - I prefer many lean clients. That way - if one of them behaves badly - off they go into a new JVM (assuming you have apache in front of tomcat)

-Tim

Javier Gonzalez wrote:
Hi,

I'm running a tomcat that provides services for a lot of clients.

Each "client" one has a number of services (via axis) on their "own"
context. Now I'm migratingto a bigger machine, and I got the doubt: is
it better (for performance) to "group as many services as possible by
context", or have each service live in it's own context?

In more general terms, is it better to group as much functionality as
possible per context, or try to separate where it can be done?

Thanks in advance,