Hello folks,

I have great troubles finding the right configuration for our productive
system.

After initial problems concerning perm space which I have resolved with
putting all third party lib into common/lib I still have memory troubles.

My system:

OS: SUSE ES 9 64 bit
RAM: 3 Gig
Processor: 2 x Intel Xeon 3,2 GHz

JVM: 1.5.0_04-b05
Tomcat: 5.5.9

JAVA_OPTS: -Xmx1900m -Xms256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

With applications which don't need much memory nothing but more memory
intensive ones like the new monitoring tool lambda probe keep crashing
the JVM & tomcat like this:

An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x593cccbe, pid=20234, tid=3858828208
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_04-b05 mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# J  java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.get(I)B

Any ideas?

Cheers,