On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 1:59 AM, Christoph Nenning <
christoph.nenn...@lex-com.net> wrote:

> > Hi all,
> > I'm having some trouble with tomcat and symbolic links. I am working
> with
> > OSX and I use a local instance of Tomcat to do some testing before
> > deploying my site elsewhere.
> >
> > What I want to do: I'd like to create a small script which will stop
> > tomcat, clear out old deployment folders, rebuild my project, copy the
> > resulting WAR file to the webapps folder, restart tomcat, wait for
> > deployment to finish, and finally replace a JSP file with a symbolic
> link
> > to the corresponding file that is in my workspace.
> >
> > Why I want to do this: I'd like to be able to quickly rebuild and
> redeploy
> > my WAR and also edit my JSP files and see those changes by simply
> > refreshing the already-open page.
> >

> e.g. eclipse provides good support for such a workflow. You would not need
> symlinks then...
>

> You can find out more here:
>

> http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.wst.server.ui.doc.user%2Ftopics%2Frwrcview.html
>
> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eclipse+tomcat
>

> Regards,
> Christoph
>

> <snip />
>
> This Email was scanned by Sophos Anti Virus

Christoph,
I have a little experience with the way eclipse does this and I have gotten
it to work nicely, but to be honest I would like to keep my solution IDE
independent. There is little to no consensus among my peers about which IDE
is preferable and if I can provide a solution that will work for everyone,
that would be best.