Windows XP SP2.

The log4j.properties file is in a .jar file.  All the other jar files
are removed OK.   They are all created in the same way during the build
process so I don't think permissions are related to this.

It seems that Tomcat's internal logging system is picking up the
log4j.properties file in my jar file and not releasing it when I
undeploy.

Rych