Tullio,

as suggested before by Felix, maybe you should try different connector
configurations (defaults for HTTP connector are different between T7
(blocking) and T8 (non-blocking)) and see if this changes anything.

For example in the server.xml file :

    <Connector port="8880"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol" address="YOURSERVER"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               disableUploadTimeout="false"
               connectionUploadTimeout="3600000"
               redirectPort="8843" />

and

    <Connector port="8880"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" address="YOURSERVER"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               disableUploadTimeout="false"
               connectionUploadTimeout="3600000"
               redirectPort="8843" />

Your code is simple, only buffering and writing to an OutputStream. Don't
know how, but I believe that only the buffering can introduce some delay.

best regards