Hi,

I've looked all over to try to find out what's going on with this
particular server.

I have a Javascript and Flash based program that uses Tomcat as an
application server, Apache as the Web Server and MySQL as the database
server.

Occasionally, the following error pops up in the event logs:

"Event ID 4096
The Java Virtual Machine has exited with a code of 1, the service being
stopped."
And the Tomcat service stops and my app is hosed until the Tomcat
service is manually restarted.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening?, or can point me
in another direction to look at?
I do not claim to be any kind of developer and have no connection to the
source code.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Software and hardware versions:

Tomcat v4.1.31
Apache v1.39
MySQL v4.1.10a
Java v5.0.20.9

HP Proliant DL360 G3
Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition SP1
4G RAM

Richard Marr

Harcourt Achieve/Steck-Vaughn 3rd Level Technical Support