On 15/03/2016 20:58, Harish Krishnan wrote:
> Hello There,
>
>  I am kind of blocked here in my project while applying your CVE fix in our
> product & verify the fix. Any guidelines on what i am doing (mentioned in
> my previous email) wrong is highly appreciated.

You are failing to follow the hints you have been given previously.

> All i am trying to do is, disable the redirect for the root (Ex: /manager &
> /examples in tomcat) of the webapp. If i know how to do this on the
> mentioned tomcat webapps, then i can apply the same for my webapps too.
> Looking for your response & help here.

You CAN NOT disable the redirect. As the documentation for the two
redirect options makes clear, all they do is change WHERE the redirect
happens.

The key point in all of this is that security constraints are applied
AFTER the Mapper and BEFORE the DefaultServlet. If the request is for a
protected resource and the redirects take place in the Mapper, then the
response will confirm whether that resource exists irrespective of
whether or not the user is authorized to access the resource. If the
redirect takes place in the Default Servlet, the response will reflect
the security constraints and the user's access rights if any.

Again, you need to look at the security constraints for the Manager
application. /manager is NOT a protected resource so the redirect is
always going to happen.

Mark