On 22 March 2016 at 07:40, Utkarsh Dave <utkarshkd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Users and Tomcat team,
>
> We are having this weird issue seen in all the web application pages where
> time gets changed to UTC after some days.
> As a workaround it works fine until Tomcat is restarted, but after some
> days time in UTC is seen again. This is regardless of any time/time zone
> configured on the server (IST/PST).
> We are on linux 6.6 (with ntp running) and use java 1.7.0.95.
> Need your thoughts on this? Let me know if you need further information
> If i write a new java class inside tomcat directory and print the output to
> one of the log files and display java.util.TimeZone.getDefault().getID().
> it will give correct result.
> Is some attribute within Tomcat or jsp that gets reset ?

Are you using in 1 of your web applications something like Pack200 ?

Because that one set the the default timezone to UTC .... (and tries to set
it back but if you are using in in a multi threaded way then it will
eventually stick to UTC)

Ofcourse there can be other stuff that just does that, sets the default
time zone at one point..