Hi guys,

this is completely off-topic ;-)

I was wondering if using if/else is not actually slowing down your code.
Lets say I have three possible conditions, A, B and C, which are exclusive.
My native approach would be:
if (A){...}
if (B){...}
if (C){...}

now some people would 'optimize' it as
if (A){ ...} else if (B) {....} else if (C) { ....}
and I think in the world of single-cpu computers this optimization could
work.

But what is now, given that compilers can optimize stuff like this and tell
the processor to calculate all 3 branches simultaneously, which is not
possible for ifelse.

Which one would you choose?
Equally important, which one do you think is more readable? I would say if
else is hard to read, but this can be just personal impression.

regards
Leon