Am 25.04.2016 um 14:31 schrieb Stefan Frei:
very sorry just solved it.

overlooked a line in configure

/root/tomcat-native-1.1.34-src/jni/native/build/get-version.sh:
Permission denied

OK, no problem. If extracted from a source tarball, the file should have been executable by default though. It might be it is not if you picked a zip file source download.

Another comment: OpenSSL 1.0.1k is pretty old. 1.0.1s is current for 1.0.1 and even better would be 1.0.2g but it might be, that you won't find such a packet for your OS version. You could compile 1.0.2g yourself though and install in a separate directory. Using 1.0.2 you could switch to tcnative 1.2.x (which needs OpenSSL 1.0.2). The current tcnative 1.2.x is 1.2.5, but a 1.2.6 will likely be released during the next few days.

There are currently no plans for another tcnative 1.1.x release.

Regards,

Rainer

Can you provide the full configure command you use and the configure and
make output as well as config.log? Do you have environment variables set,
that influence the build (CC, CFLAGS, LDFLAGS or similar)?

The "-Wl,-z,relro" should not directly come from our own tcnative scripts
but using the make output (and configure output) we can double check.

It could be, that those flags come from and APR or OpenSSL pkgconfig or .la
file or similar, which we inspect when building tcnative to learn about the
correct flags to link against OpenSSL and APR.

You might run

find PATH -exec grep relro \{\} \; -ls

with PATH replaced by the tcnative build directory and APR and OpenSSL
install directories respectively. There are indications that debian adds the
relro flag when building the system openssl.

Does you linker understand "-z relro"? You can check "man ld" and "ld
--help".

Regards,

Rainer